Friday, January 30, 2009

A different life... leading to CNY

For so many years, the time leading to CNY has been relatively easy... I just had to make sure I got my new clothes, help mother with some of the task like chaffeuring her to places to get the CNY stuff, and packing Ang Pow (with chocolate coins) for her school kids...

Well, for this year... By the time the clock strikes midnight on 26 Jan 2009 (start of CNY), I was literally flopped in front of the TV with no strength to move at all - upper body muscles (or tissues whatever you want to call it) was screaming for some relief and the soles of my feet was throttling like crazy.

I had spent almost the entire 2 days - Sat and Sun, cleaning the entire windows in the house, which comes to 6 different sized panels of window, with various degree of dirt on it. After which, I had to iron all the new clothes to be worn for the next 2 days. Then, move boxes around to ensure the living room looks clean and uncluttered (yes, some of the boxes were moved to a room for the time being) as my relatives will be visiting. Mother wants the living room to be as nice and neat and without any boxes or articles around.

I am certain there were more tasks that were performed but my brains were too tired to think, and recall what they were. Heck, I am still not recovered from it as yet.

Thankfully, most of my CNY days are relatively quiet... No need of any more exertions, other than driving to my relatives place. Actually, I was left in peace to work on my new rig on the 2nd day. Usually, my relatives would come over to my place on the 2nd day, but this year, interestingly, we had a merry-go-round in our visitation. I went to my aunt's place first, then together we proceed to my uncle's place. After that, my aunt and family came over to my place. Not long after they left, my uncle's family came over to my place.

So, all visits were done within 1 day. Rest and relax for the 2nd day!

Next year, preparation for CNY will start 1 month ahead... No more 2 days scramble to get things done... It's too tiring!!!!

No comments: