Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unexpected Surprise

As I am writing this, I am also currently reading up the Rough Guide to NZ (and 3 other guides that was borrowed from library, a habit started with my UK trip) as I will be heading that way due to work commitment. It was a "hope" which is fast becoming a reality, and I believe this trip is not "unwanted".

I had wanted to visit NZ for a while - Could have join TehPeng and Liz Miz Snooze for their trip but did not work out... So now, I am heading that way, extending my official trip to add in a very welcome holiday!

Had been having headaches lately by the time I get to hit home. Perhaps it's the current situation with the world market, maybe a job security issue, but I seemed to be swapped with work, bombardment from left, right and center. Just like today... I had to deal with an installation up in Thailand, work on another project in NZ (the location which I will be heading to in April), and getting pinged from colleague from another area asking for help to troubleshoot their demo system...

All these melts away when I hit home, where I had to start planing for my trip - where to go and see, getting the time schedule up and ready, so that I could get some reservations of rooms done. A total different stress altogether, but necessary as I have no one to help me with since I will be alone for this trip!

Started by asking TehPeng on places that they went, grab itineraries from those who had been there before, like my cousin! I guess I should try to finalise my plans by end of this week. As I have no idea on the accomodation situation in April for South Island NZ (Although the work location is in North Island).

The funny part of it all is when I saw the estimated amount for the flights, I got a shock - almost 4k! But I think the system did not take the consideration of a round-trip flight, rather than a broken flight. Flying into Christchurch, then a domestic flight to Hamilton (Kind of weird to find this as the quickest way to get to Hamilton!). Flying back to Hamilton, and flying out from Christchurch back home (SQ for the international, AirNZ for domestic). How could the amount ever hit $4K?!??! Oh well, have to give them a call tmr to check. What a weird ticketing system...

Meantime... I do hope TehPeng found his Sony GPS thingy... I would like to borrow that for the trip... I am certain I would forget the locations which I took pictures of... Like what happen in UK. There was this area which I think is the location, but am not very certain of. If I had a navigation GPS with me then, I would know very well. Heck, I might have gotten the correct waterfall pictures!!!! But, the Sony GPS is a compromise (since I will not have to pay $$ to get one!) that sits ok with me... Got to remind him about this on Sunday... :P

Oh yes.. I will be meeting up with the Lauries - It has been 5 years, since 2004. Get to meet their children as well! :D I am certain this would be a good trip. Time to relax and to catch up...

Meantime, let me sleep on it...

No comments: