Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blast from past

Did a walk in Pavilion on Monday night, after dinner. Yes, I am in KL this week, due to a demo. They have 2 video shops in there - Speedy Video and VideoEZY. Speedy Video was in the basement (or Lower Ground, not sure of the levels here), where (some of) the restuarants were, so naturally I stepped into there to have a look. I walk out of there with 1 DVD, 1 VCD and 1 CD.

DVD was the review of the Treble year 98/99 for Man United - finally found it! I had recently bought the review of Double year 07/08, and now this completes the set! :D

VCD was Happy Ghost II, which started the (very short) singing careers 4 (started with 3 then became 4) girls known as Happy Girls Group (literal translation from "Ka Xin Shao Nu Zu"). Anyone remembers them?!?!? You would if you have watch the Happy Ghost movie series from Happy Ghost II to Happy Ghost IV. I don't recall them being in Happy Ghost and Happy Ghost V - maybe that's why the movie stopped at V... :P They were also in the Isle of Fantasy movie as well - all the mentioned movies were produced by Raymond Wong, which I think most people will know who he is... For so many of his movies, it's all silly, and you can leave your brains at the door when you enter the theatre (those that I know of, that is), but yet sometimes, the movies does remains with you. For this case, it was more of the music that was associated with these movies. Although I have to say the Isle of Fantasy had a better "space" in my memory - maybe it's because it's so funny...

Oh, not sure what triggers the point, but I did actually started to search for any indication in the internet for their albums (which I already had in cassette format) and was hoping that it was released in CD format. To my pleasant surprise, I did managed to find some of the cds in yesasia.com! Ordered it, and now awaiting for the orders to be shipped. According to the last known status, they are sourcing for these CDs so that it could be shipped. Hopefully, the CDs are be found and I could get it after CNY!

CD? Well, it's the latest CD (SACD to be exact) from Emi Fujita, except that this cd contains all japanese songs which, frankly, I don't even understand a single word. Why I got it.. Not too sure but it joins the 2 other japanese CDs that I have in my CD collection - Songs from Macross and 10 Decades for Le Couple (which Emi is part of this duo). Then again, I think for someone that listens to one of the widest genre of music - from classical, vocals, jazz, pop, rock and even heavy metal, and yes, I do have some cantonese and mandrin CDs. I guess this is not something unusual.

Anyway, no, I have not finished working on the new rig I had, and I can't wait to get back home to continue getting that rig ready... Still wondering if the Palm hotsync program will work with Vista... Sigh, that is a "big" issue as I have a palm and I would like for it to be synced! Especially since I am using Document to Go for my list of CDs, DVDs and wines. Time to hit google search again...

No comments: