Well, what can I say about Manchester. It's a city with a mix of old town architecture buildings and of the new. The weather was not very co-operative while I was there... Rain mostly, especially on the day that we arrive on 20 Mar. When we return on 28 Mar, it was still overcast and with slight rain. It stayed on till we left. In all, after Lake District, Manchester can be said to be a little too gloomy, much like London (Not that I had encountered, but that's what everyone says. I had good weather there before). So, other than visiting the Wheel of Manchester and the Cathedral, there isn't much to see, but well, the shopping is different... Considering I bought most of DVDs there... I can't help it when there is a "Up to 70% off" sale that they are having, can I?
So, with that said, below are some of the shots that "made the grade", well, almost...
But I am not certain if the start of the trip was good...
LHR Immigration person: Where are you heading, Mrs XXX (Surname withheld)?
Me *after 12 hours of flight and with only like 6 hours of broken sleep, immediately look around to see who he is addressing... Then realised he is holding my passport*: Er... Manchester?!?
LHR IP: Oh, visiting your child studying at the University?
Me *Starred for a second trying to digest his question, jaw dropped, and then recovered* : Er, NO!
LHR IP: Oh, so what is your business there? *Getting very curious*
Me *getting very stressed*: Er... Well, do the touristy thing, er, visit??!?!
LHR IP looked at me suspiciously...
Me: Er... Manchester is just the start, would be heading to Edinburgh and Lake District
LHR IP *very relaxed*: Ah... Ok... Just surprised with your answer. Manchester is just a city nothing much to visit on... *Realised what he was trying to imply* It's a nice city, but it's a city, it's more for shopping...
Me: *Relived.... Feeling more stressed than having an exam, but then realised what he was thinking from the 1st line.... Mrs!??!? Child studying at University!??!?!?! Huh!??!?!?!*
You know... Even if I was to have a child when I was at age 18, I don't think my child would be studying at University... Not unless that child is a child prodigy!!!! Then again, if I am rich, and the child had issues in studying in Singapore Education system... Maybe... BUT, isn't Australia nearer and cheaper!??!?!?!
Forgot to add this little bit of info on the Macdonald Manchester Hotel that we stayed for a night (at £85) before heading for Edinburgh... If you have an iPod, and you did stay in this hotel, you are in for a treat. They have a BOSE sound dock for your use; we had made full use of it, listening to all the songs I have in my iPod!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment