
This flower is found in the small garden outside the B&B we were staying. It does look a little like Thistle, but I cannot confirm. It also looks very nice against the snowy background.

A very playful dog, who grab the plastic bag which my cousin used to bring her clothes to the laundrette and was relying on the bag to bring back the clothes to the B&B, but it did a sneaking thing by getting close to us, allowing us to pet it, and then quickly snatch the plastic bag away before anyone of us could react... Refuses to release the bag, even ignoring the bribe the owner placed on its nose bridge... Naughty, naughty dog!

"I wandered lonely as a cloud:
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."
The famous poem by William Wordsworth, who was born, bred and died in Lake District. How could we not have a snapshot of the daffodils?! However, this is not taken from the lake which he mentioned. Instead it was taken at Dove Cottage which is the house he stayed for a while before moving to Rydal Mount.

Sheep feeding off a haystack. Not sure why, but somehow, one of the sheep will climb up and proceed to eat off the haystack from the top, and usually, it can only support 1 such sheep.

One of the most visited spot in Lake District during Summer. Looks a bit more deserted during early Spring...

Stop by this lake to get some snapshots... Rarely I could get such a clear view of the lake. Most of the other lakes do have some limitation, from the places we stopped.

Honister Pass is most famous for the mine slate which you could visit, but were not interested. You have to pass this to get to Buttermere, using the Borrowdale route. Very nice drive in Borrowdale valley, but to really see it, you need to spend more time there, rather than just 4 days... Because it's better to drive and walk!! We just do the drive... So, no fantastic photographs from the peak of the pikes surround the area!:D (Google the places and see what I mean...)

To show what kind of road conditions we need to drive in... long, winding, uphill and downhill - sometimes at angle of 30 degrees slopes, and yet, like in this shot a plateau...

As mentioned above, this shows the road which we was about to drive down!

Buttermere. Interestingly, if I recall correctly, this was taken from the car, which my cousin was driving.

My first IR shot shown. We stopped at this cross junction to take pictures - requested by my cousin and I really have no idea specifically where in the map we were, except that we had to be near Elterwater, heading toward Great Langdale.

Sigh.. Weather was not co-operating, so there were clouds that covers the peak of the pikes, and the valley is not shown properly. Taken from one of the winding road that is heading down towards the valley...

One of the more challenging drive, see how the road drops at the end... No wonder you might see some road signs for some drives says it's not possible to drive through during winter!!!!

2nd IR shot for this selection. Interestingly, even with such weather conditions, I still managed to get quite a couple of IR shots during this trip.

You see sheep everywhere... This lone sheep was resting at Wrynose Pass... Only it knows why it stop there to rest...

A shot which follows the "small bridge, flowing waters" chinese idiom or something as quote from my cousin.

Another IR shot, this time of Cockley Beck, which is the stream passing through the bridge in the above shot.

A view of the Hardknott Roman Fort from Hardknott Pass.

As you can see from the above photo, to get to the Fort, you need to walk up that hill. As I progress towards the fort, I found plenty of sheep poo to avoid. In addition, I also had to avoid the marsh area, wet from the constant rain/snow it had. Once I reach it, I found out why there were so much poo around... Sheep also graze in these areas! Some were outside the entrance, and some were inside the walls. This sheep happens to be heading toward the flock outside the entrance and I happen to walk in on the opposite side of the wall... So, we stop, face off to each other, trying to figure out what to do next (well, I was basically busy taking shots of it...) and it took the opportunity to run when I was changing my lens (from wide to zoom, so that I could get a close up shot of it... Darn).

View of Windermere from Ambleside. I had to zoom in a bit to reduce the infringement of the jetty boardwalk, etc from the picture.

Another IR shot, this time of Windermere. Taken from the same area, within 100 metres apart.

This is the waterfall that I was talking about in my previous posting. We thought it was Aira Force, when in fact it was High Force, Aira Beck.

An IR shot of Aira Beck. I like the water flow...

Ullswater. The lake which William Wordsworth was inspired to write that famous daffodils poem, where he and his sister had walked, except that I don't see any daffodils around.

A crop shot, cutting out the others in the background, which turns out quite well...

Taken from Bowness-on-Windermere. This time, the swans was happy to swim among themselves and created this opportunity to take this snapshot... If only the bird beyond them would have stayed away... I could have taken a shot with more water on the background... But this still works (I hope).

The only sunset I was able to take pictures of with lake as its foreground...
1 comment:
These are just lovely. Your photo of the stone circle brings back fond memories.
Post a Comment