Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Album Artworks & iTunes

Ok, I acknowledge that I finally bought the iPod, instead of another branded mp3 player... But along came with it is iTunes. Now to some iTunes is "god-send" while to others it's a nightmare... and I am sort of in between but nearing to nightmare... While Apple prefer people to use their AAC format, I am still a mp3 person, fro want of compatibility. Of course, for the higher-end mp3 player this is not an issue, but well, AAC is just too exclusive...

Next, they open the mind to the idea of cover art - or album artwork. They have this cover-flow thingy and well, it does look good if you have the cover of the album in there... Now if you are happy with the program placing the artwork within the mp3 track (which majority seems to like as they say it can be used not only by iTunes but also other players like wmp), I for one, would not want to increase the size of every song in which I have the entire album tracks in the folder. However, try as I may, there is no way currently that I know of that would take in the artwork into the iTunes database and not importing to the track itself. The only way iTunes would do that is if it gets downloaded from its store!!!! Now what happens if you are not in a country which iTune store is open... You can't even register with iTunes store just for the sake of getting album artwork... Really in convenient and I am still at wits on how to get this done.... Been searching the internet via the trusty Google search... Nothing!!!

Found a product call iTSfv, which in the features it says that it does import artwork without embedding it, but so far, i have found no instructions on how to do that... Read all forum pages that mention this product but zilch...

Haiz...





On a far more happy note... Congrats to TehPeng and miz snooze on their new born baby - nat... I still can't figure out who he takes after... At a glance it's the father... but yet another look, it's the mother... oh well... Maybe that's a good thing :P

No comments: