I believe that I did blog about wanting to dine at Kaisen in one of my previous entry... Well, before I got that chance, I have heard that the chef has left and open his own shop in town (from a food blogger who is big on Japanese food, pointedly on sushi and sashimi). Well, the countdown has started, and in 2 days time, I will be dinning in Tomo Dining and get to experience what she has been raving about... I just can't wait... Drool...
I can still remember my first encounter with Japanese food, it was not a very good experience mind you... In fact, I hated the taste of the meal - it all tasted the same to me, which is the miso taste. I have to say this, I hate the taste of miso, and I am not sure why, especially now that I have tasted so many different types of Japanese food, that at that time, all I could taste from the food, was just plain miso. Puts me off immediately, and from then, I never did touch Japanese food anymore. Oh, and I still don't like anything with miso, which is why I don't drink the miso soup that comes with the bento sets...
Fortunate, well depending on how you look at it - it could be unfortunate on my bank account considering the $$$ you have to pay for a quality meal, I was re-introduced into it by accident, in an unexpected place. It was only till my stay in Brisbane, on a short trip to Gold Coast with a few friends, and was hunting for food to eat. Now, do note that this was eons ago, and well, it was a different time and place from today - today, Gold Coast is literally littered with lots of Japanese Restaurants. Back then, it was more like small scale, "food-court" like type of setting, and very suitable for student's budget! Needless to say, I was hooked since that day. Of course, when I started working, then I got to know more about the cuisine as well as the quality of it... Heh...
But.... With this meal, and tomorrow's family dinner at Asia Grand (and Christmas is just round the corner), haiz... there goes my waist line...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment