Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not a very good blogger what.... Oh, and 881

Yes... Missing in action from here for awhile... Which goes to show I have not traveled any more, well, at least to bloggable places (with photos)... :D Has not been doing much other than work... How nice that the drought of no public holidays has finally ended... Hari Raya was just over, and we are getting another holiday next month.. Yipee!! Hey, once you started to work, you tend to look forward to these days... You might not have anything to do on that day, but at least you are not working... No? Wait till you have work for awhile... I am not kidding... I have not heard anyone grumbles about public holidays... Well, unless you are workaholic, then you might just work from home on those days...

So... What did you do on that day? Me? Not sure what I did for the morning but... I finally caught 881 on the big screen, and... it was because my mum wanted to watch it. Yup, she was harping about the cinema is only has 1 show on sat, etc... So in the end, promised her that I would watch it with her... Not that I don't want to watch it, but, well, I just realised that I am no longer that enthusiastic about catching a movie... It's true, I even missed the Bourne Ultimatum when it was screened... I had already watched the other parts of that Trilogy (I assumed it;s trilogy, based on the books, but who knows what they might come up with), just did not get that chance or made the effort, I supposed, when it was screened. By the time I got around it, it was like 881, where only 1 show per day... I did managed to catch Hair Spray (and John Travolta was hilarious; I cannot believe James Marsden could sing!!!)

Ok... before I proceed, if you have not watch 881 (which I doubt) and would not want to know too much of it as you want to get the VCD/DVD/whatever form... Then don't read, but seriously... I think I was the last to watch it...

I have mixed view on 881. It's kind of corny in some parts, I mean, rattling out all once popular song names to plead with the "goddess" was really corny, but hilarious (My mother was wondering why I was laughing away during that scene). Then all the "special effects" coming out of a durian shell-like bra is - wonder why there where no such dressing for the papaya sisters??!? Hmmm... One of the mysteries of the show, I supposed, or, it does not look nice with papaya as compared to durian?!?!? Madonna must have been proud that someone took her cone-shaped bra of her not-so-long-ago wardrobe, and transform it to this... Bet she is not happy that she did not think of those light effects... :P

Ok, the cancer on the younger one, it gets to me, I did shed a little tear, here and there... But I like that last portion of the "last days"... Singing the song, and revolving round and round, and showing the effects of chemotherapy and showing how weaker she became and till she died... That I find is a nice way to effect the changes... and to bring the story to an end, although the start and end seems abrupt... and loads of Hokkien songs in between. Did anyone noticed that it's all sad songs? All about hard life, and how bad it was, etc... Not sure why, but that's all I hear in the show; wonder if it's the same in actual life. I am certain it must have, but yet, I am rather mystified by it. Why would anyone still want to listen to those type of songs, especially in that month!!!

Finally, did anyone catch why it's 881? Is there some significant about that number? Must have let that slip somewhere... Of course there are more, but nevermind... However, for just to sake of trying to figure out how many song titles were exactly in that long plead... I might just get the DVD and replay that again and again till I get all of them.... :P

Hmmm... Enchanted seems like a hilarious one as well, based on the trailer... But, I am certain, by the time I get round to a decision, it would have been gone as well... Oh, such is my life...

No comments: