Well, it's another day of walking.... Drove to Naper Settlement, walked around the buildings... Took quite a bit of flowers (since I could not take much of the inside of the houses in the settlement, except for the chapel)... It's quite a quaint little area where you get transported back in time, to 1890s - 1900s, if I remember correctly. One thing that is interesting is that I felt like a giant in those houses. Apparently the settlers are infact smaller size than I am. Now in America, I would be considered as shorter than normal and if I seems tall to those settlers, imagine how short they are. Even their beds seems to be a bit small for my size! The other would be that they bathe only once a week, usually Saturday so that they can be clean for Sunday service AND they share the same bath water starting with the cleanest to the dirtiest! Another interesting note would be that school children stay in the same classroom regardless of which grade/level you are in; which means the age range for the classroom could range from 15 to 7 years old!
One thing which struck me is the remark that the person make, about children are usually on their best behaviour... They do not want their siblings to tell tales on them if they were disobedient in school; they will get punished by both parents if they do - more importantly is that the parents in those days felt that how the children behaves reflect back onto them. If the child behave badly, it means that the parent is not able to teach the child to behave properly - so it reflects badly on the parents! In today's context, such preception seems to have changed. We see children rudely running around, screaming and shouting while their parents seemingly looked the other direction; not making any effort to control their children. Some even have got to the point where the children are rude to them as well. Aren't they worried about how bad it reflects on them anymore? Guess not, or they would have done something to ensure their children be mindful of how to behave.
As written in Proverbs 13.24, He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him. Perhaps it's time for parents to ponder on this.
Anyway, by the time I had finished going through the settlement, it was time for lunch. Had this nice Lobster Bique (Apparently, it's a hugh bowl of it) and Homemade crab ravoli tossed with mushrooms, tomatoes and shrimp (prawns) in a garlic sause... Loverly lunch.... I really enjoyed it.
Then it was back in the premium outlet again. This time going through all of the shops as well as getting a moccasin for Mr. TehPeng at the request of Mrs TehPeng-to-be. At least that was available. Got sms from my cousin, send on behalf of mum and aunt asking for belt and bag... Now this is going to be a tall order as I have no idea who the belt was for - I am not a shopper, so I have no idea how much the same stuff will cost back home... And their design was not appealing to me. I doubt I will want to get it for them and then get comments that it does not look good!!!! However, I have to say this... I don't seems to find anything that really appeals to me. Now I know that the polo tees could have cost 2 the amount you get from her, but it's will still be at least SGD40... which I don't think I am now willing to pay for it as I could get a good quality for half the price back in SG. I guess I am not as brand conscious as most and I am as comfortable with a SGD20 polo tees from Giodarno or Hang-Ten. So spending at least SGD40 for a polo tee is not cost effective for me.
Because I could not get my shoes from this outlet and finishing walking round the outlets that I drove over to the Woodfield mall. Funny thing is that in the website for Woodfield, they had listed Timberland as one of their retailers. Well, I have to say that is no longer true. Instead I had to move a round just to make check and see if they sell the type of shoes I wanted. Was happy that I was able to find a suitable pair, and thus currently you will find 3 Timberland boxes in the hotel room.
Ok... Time to go... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz time. My eyes literally could not remain open and kept yawning again....
One thing which struck me is the remark that the person make, about children are usually on their best behaviour... They do not want their siblings to tell tales on them if they were disobedient in school; they will get punished by both parents if they do - more importantly is that the parents in those days felt that how the children behaves reflect back onto them. If the child behave badly, it means that the parent is not able to teach the child to behave properly - so it reflects badly on the parents! In today's context, such preception seems to have changed. We see children rudely running around, screaming and shouting while their parents seemingly looked the other direction; not making any effort to control their children. Some even have got to the point where the children are rude to them as well. Aren't they worried about how bad it reflects on them anymore? Guess not, or they would have done something to ensure their children be mindful of how to behave.
As written in Proverbs 13.24, He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him. Perhaps it's time for parents to ponder on this.
Anyway, by the time I had finished going through the settlement, it was time for lunch. Had this nice Lobster Bique (Apparently, it's a hugh bowl of it) and Homemade crab ravoli tossed with mushrooms, tomatoes and shrimp (prawns) in a garlic sause... Loverly lunch.... I really enjoyed it.
Then it was back in the premium outlet again. This time going through all of the shops as well as getting a moccasin for Mr. TehPeng at the request of Mrs TehPeng-to-be. At least that was available. Got sms from my cousin, send on behalf of mum and aunt asking for belt and bag... Now this is going to be a tall order as I have no idea who the belt was for - I am not a shopper, so I have no idea how much the same stuff will cost back home... And their design was not appealing to me. I doubt I will want to get it for them and then get comments that it does not look good!!!! However, I have to say this... I don't seems to find anything that really appeals to me. Now I know that the polo tees could have cost 2 the amount you get from her, but it's will still be at least SGD40... which I don't think I am now willing to pay for it as I could get a good quality for half the price back in SG. I guess I am not as brand conscious as most and I am as comfortable with a SGD20 polo tees from Giodarno or Hang-Ten. So spending at least SGD40 for a polo tee is not cost effective for me.
Because I could not get my shoes from this outlet and finishing walking round the outlets that I drove over to the Woodfield mall. Funny thing is that in the website for Woodfield, they had listed Timberland as one of their retailers. Well, I have to say that is no longer true. Instead I had to move a round just to make check and see if they sell the type of shoes I wanted. Was happy that I was able to find a suitable pair, and thus currently you will find 3 Timberland boxes in the hotel room.
Ok... Time to go... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz time. My eyes literally could not remain open and kept yawning again....
No comments:
Post a Comment