Saturday, June 11, 2005

Another Trip - Part 2

Ok, did a google on "be-all" (have to put them in quote and as what I quote or you can't find the info) and found that according to the website it's a Transgender convention - according to their website, it's a Transgender convention (all are welcome - Crossdressers, Transexuals, M2F and F2M, Wives and Partners; as written at the bottom of the website). It's quite amazing that I get myself in places where I get to "see" weird (not being offensive here, but it is weird to my environment/system) stuff which I would not be able to back at home. Hmm... M2F, F2M???? Oh... Ok, now I get it... But, wives?!?!?

Interestingly, most of the weird situation that I get into, it's always been Chicago. My first introduction/encounter of gay (ok, for lack of better word in my limited dictionary) community was in Chicago 2000. Now, it's transgender community, again in Chicago... What next?

Anyway, it's weekend! Yeah! I should be able to get my cam out and start shooting some photos... Not sure what/where I am going... I know I am heading for Chicago (Aurora) Premium Outlet this evening, hopefully I can squeeze in the entire mall in 2 hours... Tomorrow will be heading for Naper settlement, then afternoon, will go over to Woodfield Shopping Mall. Just checked, seems that Naper settlement is very near Aurora Premium Outlet, but I would prefer to see if I can get my shoes from the outlet before heading for the actual store in Woodfield. Oh well, tough luck I supposed. Then I believe it will be too late to head any other directions... So that leaves Sunday. Will try to see if I could attend a service near the hotel. That would be an interesting experience as well... Then head for Chicago downtown to Shedd Aquarium. I seems to be having this thingy where I would visit the aquarium of the places that I travel to. Started with Seoul, then Melbourne, and now Chicago... Where to next? Anyway, after that, a trip to Hard Rock Cafe to get a shot glass for Mr TehPeng (Maybe that should be my present for his new home heh.... But then Mrs TehPeng-to-be would have been left out... Ah well... Nevermind...) And if I could not get my shoes by then, I would be in the Magnificient Mile to try and get it as a last resort. Hopefully, by then I would be walking with my new shoes!!!! :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, back from the premium outlet. Darn, due to the traffic, I only managed to get after more than an hour!!! Of course, I did take the alternative route... Not sure if I could get there faster if I had use the shortest time route.... But I have to say, they really got to update the GPS program. They don't even have the road that this place is at... I had to try using the nearby road to get a fix on the route... And got a bit lost due to this navigation system... I mean why would you be programing it to tell you to continue on this highway??? I mean, won't it be if you need to turn left, right or getting out of the highway then you will get this notice isn't it... It causes a mini-panic as I have no idea what they mean by that and of course, got off the wrong track, so I had to drive another 3.5 miles so that I can turn back!!!! Maybe it's also because it's late, and dark....

Anyway, I am deliberating if I should get back again as I realised that I only had like 1 hr or so to shop (as I got to eat as well, and well, most restaurants here seems to be closing at 9 pm... Either that or the ones that I know do close by then. Even the restaurant in the hotel closes that early!!! And the room service? The kitchen close at 10.30 pm... So if you happened to be late in arrival and without having dinner yet, you most probably got to do with crackers and whatever that is available in the vending machines that they provide!!!! Oh I did get myself a pair of Timberland shoes at 49.99 + 7.5% tax which comes up to about 54 USD - About 100 SGD!!! Now that is cheap compared to what you need to pay to get the pair of shoes in SG. But, it's about half a size bigger than my usual size. Looks like I've got to Woodfield Shopping Centre to see if I can get another pair, but this time it might go up to 70 USD or even 90 USD. Still, it's cheaper than what it will cost in SG - at least 40% cheaper!!! Oh yes, I do shop - WHEN necessary!!! :p

SMS my cousin about the Coach outlet.... Bad mistake there... Suddenly I had sms asking me to get a Coach bag for them... Now how am I going to decide which one to get when I don't shop for such stuff??? Well, still, I guess it will have to depend on when I will be running back to that place... I am thinking of making that Woodfield trip during one of the week days instead. However, I need to know if I could get another pair of shoes there.... If not I will have to get it from the shop at the Magnificent Mile, a vicinty near the Shedd Aquarium, or at least within walking distance. That would be my Sunday trip.... Hmmm.... Oh well, let's see how the Naperville settlement trip goes....

Ok... Time to go... Feeling very, very sleepy. Have not been able to get much sleep as of today.... Not good at all....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On one note.... Still thinking should I or not get the Shure e2c in-ear earphones to listen to the mp3s in my Zen Micro... Which I am currently listening to God is Great, stilling in the lobby, typing this.... Darn, why didn't Shure have outlets as well?!?!? So that I can get it cheaper?!?!?!?! Haiz......

No comments: