There is something about that particular group of helium induced voices... Ok, actually it's not helium induced, but well, when you first listen it really sound like it... It's a method of recording technique where you record normal talking in half the normal speed, and then playback in normal mode, creating a full octave higher pitch and... we got The Chipmunk sound!!Apparently some well known singer did that in one of his recording as well... Hmmm... Things you get to know about in wiki... :D
Yup, I was talking about The Chipmunks... Someone decided do a new movie with CGI chipmunks! They have even jazzed up the old "Chipmunk Song" as well as "Witch Doctor" with the more modern hip-hop versions. Now, even if hip-hop is not your cup of tea, it still quite a dance track. I had to say, I bought the soundtrack even before I watch the movie... Maybe it's a throw back to my teenager days where they had quite a couple of albums and a TV cartoon show; although I have to say I did not have any of those albums... Hmmm....
Since most of their albums are not easily available here.... and my boss is going back to his hometown (US) for holidays... It's online shopping time at Amazon!!! Hehehehe.... Yes, I tend to order some DVDs/CDs/stuff and get him to bring it back when he is on holidays in US. Infact, if I know anyone who is going there, I most probably would have got them to bring some stuff back (which Tehpeng & Miz Snooze could attest to it... Hehehehe). Hey, some are really impossible to get here, like the Shure e2c IEM's foams (large size), it's impossible to get it anywhere here. I have checked with Jaben Network, Stereo Equipment, Hung Brothers and other shops that I know do sell this IEM, and none of them has the foam (sometimes I wonder if I had not done my homework that well enough to be smart about the accessories... Sigh...)!!!! So, I had to order it from Amazon.... I am sure there are some other online stores that might be cheaper, I think but I guess I have been very comfortable in ordering from Amazon...
Anyway, if you are a fan of those voices, or wanting some mindless, with a bit of humor, movie to watch... You could try to catch this... It is not a must-see movie, but well, I have to say I still enjoyed it... Then again I did enjoy Bride & Prejudice which my friends were slamming it for being stereotyping... I guess you can't win them all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment