Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Brand New Year.... I Hope....

Time flies and now it's already the 5th day into a brand new year (in theory)... Not sure if it is a precursor of what is to come this year, but I had already got my 1st travel which started early morning on 2nd Jan. Had to make this trip to customer site as the current ever changing go-live date is looming near and the crew on site was still unable to help in resolving the issue... So a trip up to do the necessary was needed...

This time last year was spent working at another site, pulling hair out due to some issues, and this year... well, I did get my holiday, but still need to travel at the start of the year... Will again be flying again this Tuesday, but at least this time is not work related - Going over to Cambodia, this time as a support for the Australian trippers who are going there for the 1st time...

Heads up was the looming go-live which apparently starts on my last day of holiday, so not sure if that is going ahead... Then there is also a split of obligations as there is a demo/proof of concept happening in the week after the trip... So, where would I be - frankly, I have no idea... Whatever it is, it will have to wait till I get back to office, to arrange for anything.... Then after that there would be another site to go live which I believe is slated to go-live a month after the 1st site. Then there is another 2 sites up north, new versions of the products are getting release this year, so training trips could be happening for this year... Hmmm... I think that should nicely tie up the entire year.... So I still got a job to do this year... Not sure about next year though...

Anyway, January looks like a hectic month.... Looking forward to March where I would finally be stepping onto Old Trafford - Watching a match at the Theatre of Dreams... :D And for that trip, and the thought of lugging 3 or 4 lens on holidays... I had bought a brand new addition to the camera dry cabinet - a 18-200mm walkabout lens... Now, I just need this lens and the 12-24mm lens for all my travel... My back is thanking my wallet, while my wallet is making huge noises on the high rate of spending done since beginning of 2006... Sigh... Looks like the spending trend is still riding high... Especially with the upcoming March UK trip - this time it's free and easy!!! My wallet would be making official complaint to the owner soon, once it sees the final bill for the trip...

Meantime, this Cambodia trip is a good chance to start familiarizing myself with the new len...

Note to self: Time to save more!!!! Don't spend... Oh not, this year I am supposed to upgrade my desktop to the latest and greatest, although the draw of the iMac is getting hard to resist... Sigh... I need a huge windfall to pull through this year...

Oh... Did I heard New Year Resolutions?!?!??! I have none... In this way, I won't get disappointed when the year comes to a close; especially if those high and lofty resolutions made are not met.

No comments: