Am currently in NZ, back to this site again, and the stay is coming to an end... This time had chance to visit Rotorua and Lake Taupo. It's a total different view compared to South Island - no mountain (well, they do have some, but...) pretty different feel altogether, more of the Maori culture and also the thermal activities. Yes, going round to see what is all those fuss is about... But because was using Hamilton as the base, I miss out on the Geyser outburst which occurs at 10:15am sharp (how they get that, I have no idea)...
As for Hong Kong, I think I have tasted most of the sushi chains that has popped up since my last visit. Thank goodness for them as, well, the food was still the same from my past visit. So, I had sushi for dinner for most of my stay there. Lunch were with my HK colleagues, so had to deal with the food (wash down with lots of tea!!!), the worst lunch I had was at this pseudo-Thai corner shop (but on 2nd level) opposite the office block. If I ever go HK again, not going there... Yikes.
But the sushi store at Sun Plaza (which happens to be part of the Genki Sushi group) was the best I had, followed closely by the Itaemei sushi chain at MongKok. I think Sushi-One was the lowest on my list. I am certain there are still more places which I had not tasted, especially those in HK Island - I practically did not go over to HK Island, except for that 1 half day visit to the customer site.
And I think the prices there is slightly cheaper than Singapore for the quality. Had sushi and sashimi all the way... Avoided any cooked stuff and other cuisines. Had wanted to try Korean, but I have a feeling it would not be the same as what we would get in Korea and it would have some added MSG on it.
Yes, I tell my colleagues I am sensitive to MSG, and almost like being allergic to it. :D So, they instead suggested sushi places to go... Ahahahah
Right, flying back from NZ tmr... If today seem smooth, I am tempted to be out of this place by 4, latest before 5pm... Time to go shopping (for gloves, at request of mother!) - they only open till 7pm!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment