Finally! I am free to travel!!! Yippie!!!
Yeap, the tough week (well, 4 days) has gone, and today is the start of my travel time around South Island for 2 weeks! Ok, I am still in Hamilton, but that's because my flight to Christchurch is only at 11:20am. It's 8 am in NZ, and I am up and trying to get stuff done, and pack and getting breakfast!
Once I land in Christchurch, I will have an approximately 4 hours drive to Blenheim for a night, with a morning trip round the vineyards, and then a long drive back to Christchurch.
Following day, a good drive through Arthur's Pass to Franz Josef, which will include some photo stops somewhere along that path, which should include Pancake rock.
Heli-hike on the next morning, before the long drive via Haast towards Lake Wanaka for a night.
Then it's the drive down the range road which I am told is winding but with great views, down towards Queenstown, stops at Arthur's Pt for a jetboat ride, maybe up to Glenorchy where Dart River is - where some guide say it's where LOTR was filmed. But I heard the Paradise area is quite good for photos... So, will see.
It will also be the gondola, Kelvin Heights, and things to do, including return the car by 6pm.
Next day will be a bus ride to Te Anau to meet up with the Lauries, and a tour of that area.
From there, it will be to Edendale, and I have no idea where and what I will be doing!!! haahhaa...
Then, soon, it will be picking up another rental car from Invercargill, so that I could get back to Christchurch, via Dunedin, Oamaru, Mt Cook and Lake Tekapo. My route is still not confirmed yet, as I don't know where I should spent the night - Oamaru or Lake Tekapo.
Christhchurch for 2 nights, with a morning balloon flight, and soon... the travel will come to an end on 25 April as I will fly back SG on that day... *Will not think of that for the moment!*
Meantime... it's breakfast time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment