After soon many years, the house finally had this "live-in" look... I know my room is messy one, but now it spill over to living room (had to move stuff out of her room after it was used like a storage area), and because mother has moved in, more things needed to be thrown.. and more things added. I have no idea how many times I had to carry heavy stuff up to the flat (now are the times where you missed having the lift lobby right outside your door!!!), we had bought countless of large storage boxes, I think we had bought like 5 book shelves as well! (The cheap Giant sale ones, too expensive if we were to get from Ikea or some other places)... The fridge seems to be filling up as well - the new one. The old one now contains mostly wines, and a few spill overs like fruits - pear and oranges...
The plates, pots and pans are now regularly used, unlike the past years. Heck, I even started cooking again... :p Yes, I do cook, not often, but I do. Just that I have not done that for a while so it will take a little time to get the rhythm back... Of course the bee hoon with every ingredient in the soup is one of the easiest to cook, but today we tried to steam cod fillet with essence of chicken. We got some cod fillet from one of the places near Jurong Port, and happen to have some essence of chicken bottles (Brands' version if someone wanted to ask) around. I got this dish from one of my previous trips (long time ago) to Malacca, but never did get to try to cook it. The taste was ok, mother say the fish was too cooked, but I thought it was just nice. Not too fishy, but the taste, well, something is still missing from it... Still need some tweaking I know (Frankly it's not too bad for a first try!)
All I could say is it's not too bad for a grill/bbq/fry person, who does not really cook fish at all!!! Well, more to come I am certain, and I am certain I will perfect this cod fish with essence of chicken dish...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment