Thursday, October 09, 2008

What a start to the day...

Sigh... Who would want to wake up to a flooded kitchen? Well, I definitely won't want it but it did happen to me this morning. It seems that the recent change to the kitchen tap has affected the flexible pipe that connects to it that that pipe has burst, which happened when I was still asleep... So, currently I am not certain when it happened, and how much water has flown from the burst area. I do know that the kitchen floor was flooded, given the fact that the drainage hole was somewhere around there...

It's a good thing that it did not reach higher than 5 cm, which is the level which the other cabinets are elevated. The other was that we got the contractor to place in switches during the last small renovation we did, so it was more modular in shutting down the water pipes - only 2 taps were affected by the shutdown - kitchen tap and the water heater tap.

Went down to the stores and bought another pipe and had to fix it in myself. This leads me to think how on earth did those people do it when the piping and the joints are of such awkward positions! I mean the joint for the straight pipe and the flexible pipe is exactly that the corner which leaves little space to maneuver the wrench in either loosening or tightening of the screw!

Oh well, it's fixed... Just waiting for the wet area to get dry, and then having the task of placing all those stuff back into the cabinet below the sink...

No comments: