Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Shopping... So unlike me... :P

If there is anywhere in Sg that I don't really know well, then it would have to be the east side. The funniest part to it all is that everyone kept saying that all the good food are found at the east side of the island...

I have spend most of my life in the centre of the island as I was staying in Toa Payoh when I first know my location. Then, changes in my life that lead to moving over to south-west part of the island. I am now staying in the North. So, you see, I have moved mainly around the central region of the island since young. The most time I ever venture to the east was because the airport is there!! Of course, I do have a friend living in that area, but it has been ages since I had visited her place.

So, it was a public holiday, and because of my mother's quest to look for the cabinet (so that she can place her boxes of shoes and stuff into it), that we ventured to the huge Giant Superstore in Tampines (Yes, it's the east side of the island!). Interestingly, the Ikea superstore as well as Courts Megastore are also in that vicinity - directly opposite Giant.

Started with Giant, since the cabinet was actually from their advertisement. However, we were not lucky as the cabinet is not found there. So, instead, we went round the hypermarket, and look at the stuff they had. Of course, it quite similar to what you find in IMM, but just the size is 2 times the size of the Giant in IMM. Can't quite remember what we purchase there, it's definitely not the cabinet - Still waiting for them to restock!

From there, we moved to Courts, which I wanted to see if the Wii console was still selling at the reduced pricing. Alas, it was only for Friday and there isn't any Wii console in the store that day. Instead, my mum bought this Corningware like bowl for her colleague's wedding (I think).

Then we went over to Ikea as I was looking for a cabinet (specifically a solid wood one) for my books & ever increasing DVDs. Walked the entire floor area and finally, after queuing for almost half an hour, we left with a table lamp for my mother's table.

By then it was late, and time for dinner. We had chilli crabs (among other stuff) at Ban Leong Wah Hoe Seafood at Casuarina Rd. I think that was the best highlight of the day... Oh, and they ran out of tables by the time it hits 6.15pm! Good thing we were early!


That was not the end of it...

On Sat, mother decided to visit Tangs to get the Tanyu claypot. It turns out to be a 3 hour visit, as we were standing, among a large crowd of ah sohs and ah mas... Listening to this man teaching how to cook - using the Tanyu claypot. The most interesting point I pickup from this guy is that he uses coke to cook his braised duck! Anyway, Tangs made 200plus $$$ from me that day as we walked away with 1 Tanyu claypot, 4 cookbooks, 1 set of 3 knives, 1 BBraun blender and 3 white vinegar shampoo.

Darn... Spending $$$ again...

No comments: