Saturday, March 01, 2008

Oh... Wow...

Finally, got all my UK trip lodging booked and with confirmation - after days of internet searching and mass emailing to the different B&B to look for room rates and availability.

Boy, when I calculate the $, it comes up to 343.40 GBP which if you take the rate of 2.80, it will be SGD961.52!!!! That's only the lodgings... Then, the flight would most probably comes up to SGD1720, note that only SGD998 is the flight ticket, taxes, surcharges, etc cost up to SGD772!!! Finally there is the match day hospitality (match ticket, 1 meal, vouchers for merchandise, etc) which cost about 200GBP including VAT and etc (SGD589.20 to be exact, paid already via CC)... Oh and then BritRail (for the train rides to to the different part of UK) will be around SGD400.50...

Looking at it, not adding in meals (and car rental for the 4 days in Lake District), it's already SGD3671.22!!!! This trip is going to be SGD5K by the time I come back... *faint*

Now I know why I went the tour route for my Spain trip... No more long-haul travel for next 2 years!!!!

Actually, not just travel, no more new gadgets, new lens, everything!!! Think must "eat grass" as well....



Haiz... On the profession front, I am basically out of town again... I only have 3 days in town, before this trip... Oh well, look on the bright side... I won't be paying much bills for this month... Then again, the trip bill is already sky high... But, company pay for the other 2 weeks... Not that bad lah... right?!?!?!

No comments: