Anyway, I just return for, yet, another trip. This time it was a last minute trip as I was not supposed to be traveling this week, but my colleague was not feelling well and they needed someone there, so I was penciled in to replace his presence. This time it was a 4 day trip to Aus again, 2 days in Brisbane and 2 days in Sydney... It has been almost 12 years since I have stepped into Sydney - somehow I don't really miss it and it does gives me a feeling of misery as the weather was as gloomy as London's! Somehow the rain decided to appear when I was there, thus there were lots of clouds and rain in the evening... But somehow I managed to get some shots in (and a visit to the aquarium but not much chance to get shots there), including the finally managed to get some IR shots done! Yup, finally after some help in Clubsnap, I managed to do a custom whitebalance for the IR filter. Although the instructions says to use the bright grass, I did it with the blue sky instead! So, the IR photos somehow changes to brownish kind of feel when it's supposed to be green.... But at least now I know how to get it to work!!! Heh... The other thing was it's not very sharp as I did not bring a tripod with me for this trip, so I have no support except for some railings and in some cases, the window pane at the hotel room!!!
Oh well, here's the selection of shots...
Nightshots





Day Shots



Sydney Aquarium





IR Shots

My first IR shot but blur due to no tripod!!!





Looks good except for that overexposed spot
Feel rather happy to have some shots... Just no time and correct weather to try out different custom WB and places.... Quite surprise to have a fair bit of photos this trip... Heh...
3 comments:
nice shots of sydney's landmarks. But most of the night sky too dark. You didn't manage to catch the blue hour?
Nope... Did not managed it... Was having dinner then... Or in the Aquarium...
hmm.. good exposures of the night scenes :) except the haze
Post a Comment