Saturday, February 19, 2005

MovieWorld Revisited

Just came back from my trip to MovieWorld. It has changed a little since the last time I was there, which is almost 11 years ago. They had new exhibits like Matrix and Scooby-Doo, but they removed the other shows like Calamity Jane Western (Stunt) Show. Police Academy Stunt show was still a favourite of the crowd apparently. It has been so successful that they had not change much of the format. The format is still the same as that from the last I saw it. As usual, a greeter was there to entertain the crowd while they wait for the show to start and well, I get to be part of the entertainment - not that I volunteered for it, and for most part of it I was on the phone trying to get my flight changed so that I can get back to home on Monday instead of next Saturday. So I guess I totally ignored the person, but I do know he was there walking along with me and blowing his whistle all the way till I got a seat. At least he did not interrupt my call; which is what the Bettlejuice character did to another person.



Talking about that, they had modified the Batman ride - Batman Ride 2 (But still ride in a module format). I had to worry about my bag in The Scooby Doo roller coaster ride... With the ups and downs... Had a chap who apparently had been on it before and give some indication in terms of the ride, like when it was going down and then up... Had it in reverse position as well... Kind of interesting and it feels like the Space Mountain ride as well... You can't really see the rails, so you really don't know what is coming up.
Oh yeah, the Batman show was there as well, only with newer characters like Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze, along with Batgirl and Robin. They were also wearing the slicker version of the costume from the last Batman movie - Batman & Robin (I think). They had added in a new show based on the Matrix movie.



The co-ordinated fights right in front of the Daily Planet (which most of the shows are set, except for the Police Academy one). "Marilyn Monroe" sang about 4 times for the day at that spot; "Austin Powers" had his dance there as well. You still get to take pics of the cartoon characters like Bug Bunny (which I could not catch!!! Dang!), Tasmanian Devil, Tweety, the Loony Tunes Bunch; along with Scooby Doo cast as well. I spotted Flash, Green Hornet, Thor (except that Thor was a male while the character was a female... Hmmm... His counterpart, I supposed) as well as Wonder Woman - League of Justice as they call them. I supposed it's the cartoon League of Justice where the characters are found. Hmmm... I got to brush up on my knowledge in that cartoon as I don't recall Green Hornet to be in... Wait, or was it Green Lantern??? Whatever...




Anyway, now my skin is giving off heat and it's bright red as a lobster... Boy, do I get a tan!!! Well, my legs need more of it... It's still rather white (pale is a better word to use)... But it's being white the "in" thing now??


Well, that's my weekend. Tomorrow still have a demo to prepare and go for. Demo on a Sunday evening??!?! Oh well... That's how it goes...

1 comment:

Little Miss Snooze said...

I want to go visit again too!!!!