Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ha!

Time flies... It's now Q2! Checking back, well, as usual - not much movement in blog. Not sure what to write anyway.

Life at home is the same as usual, been flying to a few places including a week in Beijing, where I spent Sunday climbing a section of the Great Wall. Suffer the aches and pain for almost entire week, where I had difficulty even in walking the day after the climb. My colleague happen to have bought some ointment during the Sat after "shopping" walk, where we were told of this street area, which happens to be 500m away from TianAnMen Square. So, she passed me a bottle and I had to rub them for 3 days onto my thigh and calf muscles. I guess the price to pay for not being actively exercise for a while.

Yes, and immediate after the Beijing trip, had to make a trip to Hong Kong. Next weekend I will have to head toward Bangalore. Funny that I only had the training in Beijing, and now I have train people on the same product in Bangalore. So, now I am frenetically coming up with my training materials just for this trip. No, I can't use the ones I got from the training because it did not contain much stuff at all!!! So I have to create my own, hopefully I got most of the guise of the training in there...

As someone with issues with Indian spices, so I am a bit apprehensive of the trip. Yes, I don't know why but if I have roti prata or biryani at the food centre, I don't have issues, but if I were to head to Little India or any Indian restaurant, and ate food there, I tend to have to visit the restroom 2 hours after the meal. I also noticed that if I take non-spicy stuff, like tandoori or tekka, and skip their sauce/curry made of beans, etc. I might avoid the trip. So, it has to be some spices and also the chilli spice that is in the other food that is causing the issue. Just that I don't want to experiment further, so I tend to stay away from Indian restaurants and food.

I am also getting advice such as watch out for what water I am drinking, which means I may have to skip ice. When I buy bottled water, I have make sure the cap is new, as if it is not new, the bottled water could have been refilled, and not sure of what water they would have used, etc, etc. I am also told to avoid cut fruits, salads, or anything that is not cooked (I think, since salads are usually veges that is not cooked). Not something that boost your confidence of making through the trip without issues, eh?

Still figuring out the flight details as well as where is the embassy so that I can get a business visa while trying to get materials done. Adding onto the load, I had to get another demo server ready for a Proof of Concept due next week.

Meantime, it seems either my SCV boxset is having issue or my TV is the culprit. One night last week, mother was complaining about the TV not having any sound thus making it hard for her to watch her TV series. Since it was weekend, I wrote an email to the TV service centre asking for advice. They contacted me on Monday and ask if I had test it by directly plugging the antenna to the TV to see if it is working fine. Of course, I did not, so now I have to test and see (which basically means I have to wait till the issue happens again) if this scenario works out. I do hope it's the SCV boxset, as it's cheaper or even free to replace, but the TV replacement will cost. Heck even to get their technician to come over to check and confirm that the TV is having issue already cost 100plus!

Oh well.. till the next time... Oh yes, I need to get my Beijing/Great Wall photos done... "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a day away"...

No comments: