Monday, June 08, 2009

Silly Me!!!!! Argh!!!!

Recently, I had issues with my motherboard and had sent to the service centre to get it resolved. As it issue was too random, and they could not resolve since they could not figure the issue (!!!), so they decided to change the motherboard for me. Well, after that, they restarted the system.. and my Vista went into some errors which required some chkdsk resolution to it, and cause the applications installed to be a little unstable. To ensure it's not the HDD giving way soon (as it's already in its 4th year), decided to grab a new 350GB HDD to replace it instead.

Great, had that installed, and reinstalled Vista and all the programs etc. Most of it installed fine, if not with some errors, but go them resolved. Then since I had Palm Centro, I had installed the Palm Desktop, as well as Documents to Go. Well, I did a hotsync, and darn it, the hotsync stalled at Documents to Go updating.

Now I had faced this issue before and after much hard work in surfing the internet for solutions that I finally found it. It was working fine in the previous HDD. However, I had not remembered to make a note or save that page of information into my HDD - darn silly of me as I forogt that I might need to reinstall next time and well, I forgot how the solution was, I forgot where the heck I found that solution from, and I am having a lousy time surfing the net trying to find the same solution again!!!!

Sigh... Should have been wiser to keep a copy of the solution somewhere... Well... Now I have keep searching for it - don't even remember what I words or phrases I used to search that would yield the link to the actual solution. ARGH!!!!!

No comments: