Friday, February 22, 2008

Why?

Ok, lately I have been noticing this, but why does eye brows get raised when I mentioned that I will be going over to UK... and I will be watching a football match while I am there...

Is this due to the fact that not many people goes overseas to watch a football match? Or is it due to the fact that I don't seems to be a football kind of person? Or it has to do with gender?

Let's look at them :-

I do know of football fans that would dream and plan to, at least, go over to whichever football club that they support and watch a match at the stadium... I know Mr TehPeng is definitely going to do that, as to when, well, that's a good question, especially with the fairly new born addition to the family... So, there are people who would do that...

Ok, maybe in my daily conversations, my usual behaviour may not match with a fanatic football fan, but I am certain some people do know that I watch football matches, and I do know some news on football... So, does that mean I am not a football kind of person?

Finally, hasn't the society progressed that football is now a cross-gender game? Yes? No?!?! Ok, maybe the people I mixed with are not representative of society then... I mean, I even know some female who is, or was, a member of the national/school football team, and there are females that I know of that watches football matches, heck, my coz who is going to UK with me, she watches football matches... In fact, in our family (well, the 3 of us - of all genders, that is), MU is the team we support...

Nevermind... I am certain this will not end here...

Meantime, back to drawing board... Am looking for information on Lake District... Anyone heard of this place in UK??? Not many in clubsnap seems to know, or interested in going...

3 more weeks to go.... Yes, I am finally getting out of here and not think of work for whole 2 weeks...

Oh yes, darn it... I need to get those Cambodia photos out before this trip... Got only 2 weeks to do it... Am making a trip to Sydney for training - Not too bad for a company that is freezing all travels, except customer fronting travel - Like my recent trip to support go live which resulted in working during the weekend...

No comments: