Thursday, October 12, 2006

Oh my...

Wow... I just realised that I have not been blogging much lately... Exactly 1 month (plus 1 day) since the last entry....

The last entry mentioned something about 2 days of leave... Well, this entry is also at the eve of another bout of leave taking. This time, however, I am going to be out of country (Yeah!) Yup, taking a nice (eating frenzy) holiday to Penang. Ok, maybe throw in a to-attend-wedding - my coz is getting married - into the mix, which happens to be more eating session, so took this opportunity to take a break, leave all the work behind. Pity that I cannot leave my stomach behind, as I just realised that even my "extra size" pants are getting tight lately as well....

While working on the details, found out that shutterbug is also going to be there during the same period - now talking about timing.... He is there for a wedding as well, but he is the photographer for that wedding... and no, it's not the same couple... Heh... Anyway, got onto the SQ's $188 per person flight ticket special that they were having and found out that in the end, including taxes and surcharges... It's bloated to $309 per person!!!

------------------------

Had a team dinner yesterday night - to celebrate the sign-off from 2 sites - one of which was the reason why I was hired in the current company. Anyway, we had it at Senso, down at Club St. It's an Italian restuarant, and between the 17 (I think) of us, we had a meal costing about $1400, which includes 5 bottles of wine... We had Carpaccio, Mozzarella Senso and Caprese for appetizer and for mains, we had orders of Lumache, Fettuccine, Linguine Senso, Branzino Senso, Merluzzo, Manzo, Agnello and Ossobuco Senso. Finally, for desserts, it's Tiramisu Senso, Cioccolata, Semifreddo and Pera (maybe not this dish). Had a great dinner, chats and laughter - absolutely nothing on work! I tried taking some shots of the food, but it did not turn out well as I was taking it with my Treo650's cam which is not very good for those lighting conditions...

After the dinner, most of us proceed to Suntec for a bout of Karaoke at KBox (and crinched at some songs where they butchered it with their singing). By the time I got home, it was 2 am... Which explains why my eyes are "complaining" at this moment as well, they did not have much rest yesterday....

So... Time to rest... For it's holiday time!!!! Well, almost... less than 24 hours more to go!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break in Penang :)
- nanie

mummybean said...

Have a good break! Good to hear from you again, after so long... :)

Anonymous said...

certainly SQ needs to specify a little clearer on their promotion ya? Heheh...Anyhow I am sure you had a good time with shuttlebug in Penang which we did in BKK...