Friday, April 07, 2006

Yummy....

It was just another night where I had no idea what I was going do on a Friday nite as well as where to go for dinner. It seems that Friday nite has become another makan nite with my mum lately... We had Japanese dinner at Great World City and today, it was Ivins at Binjal Park.

After dinner, has this craving for ice cream, and since it's a short hop from my mum's place, decided to call my ex-colleague(turned friend), who is staying near the place... It happened that I was in luck, I caught her just before she took the flight back from Jakarta, so she did not have anything on tonight... We met up at The Daily Scoop, where it is becoming a favourite place of mine for ice cream. She was the one that introduced me to this particular shop as well as into the world of Made-In-Singapore ice cream places. One of my particular favourite flavour from there was the Lychee Martini, where I have only recently learnt (via yesterday's Urban) that it includes vodka!!! The other recommended flavour would have to be the Durian Durian, and finally, Simply Chocolate is heavenly!!! I bought a pint of Lemon Sherbet for my mum as well...

Interestingly, because of this shop, I am beginning to be weaned off the American brand ice creams such as Ben and Jerry, Haagen-Dazs, etc. It seems that I am becoming more picky about the type of ice cream that I am having... It also start an interest in learning how to make ice cream - just that I never did have time to even experiment (and who is going to help in washing the equipment/bowls/etc???)

Hmm... Maybe I might have to start watching my waistline... Heh... Then again, the type of ice cream that they make... It's not as creamy as some other brands/location which is what I like about their ice cream... Light, nicely flavoured, and with chucks of the real stuff at a price that is still less the other named brands... Perfect!

2 comments:

naniecheng said...

I have 2 colleagues who are absolutely crazy about ice-creams. And yes they are very very particular about "ice-cream brands". Talk about being brand-conscious! haha...

They also don't like Haagen-Dazs. But I think they like Ben and Jerry.

I don't know anything about ice-creams actually. One day I should visit this Daily Scoop place with you.

Actually my favourite ice-cream is the red-bean potong. Don't know why. Maybe it's because I grew up with it?

mummybean said...

you've just reminded me that we've got the daily scoop's chunky peanut butter flavour in our freezer... :) i love the place too, plus a good friend of ours practically lives across the street from the place has seen us go there pretty often! i love the chocolate and the hazelnut :)