Friday, April 08, 2005

ARGH!!!!!! No.... My PC is acting up again!!!!

ARGH!!! My PC is playing fun with me again!!! Sigh... I really got to replace it.... It's already seen 4 years of service.... Wonder what's the issue this time... It was working fine this morning!!!! Was hoping that it would last till June when the 64bit Windows XP OS will be out, but I guess it does not want to wait.... Now I'm just trying to see what is the cause of the slowness, but looks like it does not want to be found... I see System Idle at 99%!!!! But yet, I don't seems to be able to do anything at all...

Hiaz.... Now I am still trying to figure out what configuration and how little I can spend (yet hugh in specs) to get it up and running but I guess it will cost me at least around 1.5K... Heartache ah.... Spending so much money on this... Was thinking of changing to the Mac mini.... But the only thing that worries me about it is the specifications of the Mac mini - would it fit to my demands on the system? Won't want to spend about 1.5k on the Mac mini (to get it to the highest specs it can get) and then find that I need another system because it does not meet my demand.... If only I can find some ways to get these 2 systems... I would have been able to try my hand with a Mac and yet still having some system as a main system while dabbing into Mac.... Can't do much this time as I am already having to pay for the instalments for my D70 cam... That will last till end next year.... I guess I will just have to stick with Windows system for the time being and maybe end next year can consider buying the Mac mini. Perhaps by then, their specs may have improved!!!

So, I guess the 64bit OS thingy is now out of the door... At the rate this PC is going... I really doubt it will last till next week.... Argh... And I am traveling again.... ARGH!!!!!

(Oh... I am using my office laptop, in the meantime to access the net... Thank goodness there is a secondary backup at the moment... I shudder to think of the time when there is no backup system... Then I would be locked out for at least 2 weeks.... Maybe that's why I am still pondering over what to get for the system... Still not in desperate situation yet... )

No comments: