Anyway, enough about this.. this....
Penang... Yes, it has been my holidays destination since I was young, not due to the fact that it's enchanting... But it's because most of my relatives are there - My mother's side anyway. In fact, I have to say I hated that place. It's not like you are on holiday and get to go around the island. In fact it's home away from home. I get to stay at my relative's house, my mum gets to go out (without me!). So I am still "trapped" at home, bored to death, only difference is that it's not home, but Penang.
Of course when I was older, things changes, I get to go out as well... Also I get to like the food there. The assam laska, their version of char kuay teow, their version of rojak - which includes fruits like sour mangos, guava, etc; their wanton noodles; even their zhu chang fen is different! Of course there are other favourites like Chendol, even the ice kacang is different, etc, etc, etc.... So, now when ever I am there.... It's food time - any time of the day.... Which leads to weight gain by the time I get home....
The other thing that I took away from there in this trip is the feeling that married couple's life is arranged around their children. I was staying with a cousin of mine, married with 2 young schooling kids. Their weekends is always surrounding the children. One kid needs to go tution at this time/place, the other at another time/place. Then after that, it's drawing class/ballet class/music class/etc. So what do they do during weekend? Ferrying their children from one class to the other... Funny part.. While visiting another, married with kids, cousin, the same thing happens as well... Their kids were send to this class and then another.... Best of all, they exchange notes on which teacher is better, etc!!!! Hmmm......
Anyway... Got only chance to take photos of my cousin's dog... A boxer. Can't remember it's name, IIRC it's Boxy!


No comments:
Post a Comment